We are looking for a Communications & Advocacy Manager to join our team in HQ.
The IMPACT HQ Communications & Advocacy (C&A) Unit provides cross-cutting support to both IMPACT country offices and HQ-based global programmes teams. The overarching objectives of this team include:
- Promoting and maintaining a strong brand identity for the organisation
- Amplifying the impact of our work through effective communications, outreach, and dissemination
- Increasing the influence and impact of our research among decision-makers and key stakeholders
Responsibilities of the C&A Unit include:
- Promotion of the IMPACT brand, including those of its initiatives
- Maintaining the organisation’s visual identity (graphic charter, logos, product templates)
- Online presence (social media identity and upcoming website redesign)
- Events (identifying opportunities, planning and coordination, representation)
- Management of external digital communications, including content curation, creation, and dissemination via global mailing lists.
- Website (blog posts, threads, and other content)
- Social media accounts (currently LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Global newsletters (IMPACT quarterly newsletter and REACH monthly bulletin)
- Ad hoc global communications products (articles, blogs, op-eds)
- Development of standards and tools to strengthen the capacities of relevant IMPACT staff to develop more engaging communications content and clearer, more targeted messages.
- Global toolkits for comms & dissemination and advocacy
- Tutorials on key software or applications (InDesign, Sendinblue)
- Community of Practice workshops
- Training modules and “skill bites” webinars
- Direct support in producing comms or advocacy products
- Supporting IMPACT staff in identifying meaningful opportunities for external engagement and building strategic relationships that bolster IMPACT’s legitimacy and influence.
- Monitoring relevant external engagement opportunities and linking with correct focal point
- Organisation-level knowledge management and information sharing
- Coordination of global advocacy agenda based on programmatic strategies and priorities
- Direct engagement with external stakeholders on relevant cross-organisational topics
Compensation and Benefits
- For this position, gross salary between 6’050 CHF and 6’610 CHF monthly (before income tax). NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education and experience of staff. A contribution to medical insurance of 450 CHF per month is already included in the salary figure.
- Insurance covering professional and non-professional accidents throughout the period of employment with IMPACT
- Health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance in case of field visits/temporary deployments
- Applicants must hold a valid work permit for Switzerland or be EU/EFTA citizens
- Up to 40% of remote work on a weekly basis
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org