We are currently looking for a GIS Officer to support our team in Somalia.
Under the line management of the Senior GIS Manager, the GIS Officer is responsible for the application of geographic information systems, including relevant aspects of research design, support in designing data collection tools, ensuring (spatial) data quality, geo-spatial analysis, drafting of maps, and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems. Detailed requirements below. The GIS officer will provide technical inputs in all stages of the research cycle. He/she ensures an efficient and transparent use of resources required for project implementation. The GIS Officer will also be responsible for developing and implementing a continuous capacity building program for national and international team members, and (when relevant) for providing trainings to partners.
In his/her mission, the GIS Officer will be hosted by IMPACT’s global partner ACTED and will fall under the direct responsibility and management of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegates for all Administrative, Security, and relevant Logistics and Finance issues. S/he will therefore fully abide to ACTED’s Security, Administration, and relevant HR, Logistics and Finance rules and regulations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, salary between 2’460 CHF and 2’600 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD
NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff. A location-dependent security and/or isolation adjustment is then applied as a recognition that some staff are required to work in difficult places where living and working conditions are much more difficult than elsewhere.
- Accommodation and food provided in a guesthouse. NB – IMPACT is hosted by ACTED in this country
- Accompanied status does not apply to this position
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered (in-country travel costs and professional expenses are fully covered)
- R&R after 3 months (flight ticket up to 500$ + 200$ of living allowance)
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: between 20 and 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract (+ luggage and personal property insurance)
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment. Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’s HQ in Geneva + one week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- IMPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fees
- This is not a family duty station
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via email@example.com