We are currently looking for a Research Manager to lead our Research Team in Tunisia and Libya.
Following the devastating impact of Storm Daniel on the country in September 2023, REACH Libya is looking to expand information support to the humanitarian response in several key areas, including multisectoral rapid needs assessments, household level assessments, market related assessment, protection monitoring and improved remote data collection. Key strategic aims are to increase geographic and sectoral coverage and to enhance advocacy capacity through strengthened data collection and information targeting.
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the REACH Country Coordinator, the Research Manager oversees the programs and staff of the REACH mission for Libya. The role will involve oversight of all research cycles, line management of and project management support to staff in the research unit, human resource management, external engagement, and contributions to strategy development through contextual understanding of situation, response coordination structure, and identification of information management gaps within the humanitarian response. As part of the country’s Senior Management team, the Research Manager contributes to the development and implementation of IMPACT’s country strategy and promotes organizational vision and core values across the mission.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- For this position, salary between 2’940 CHF and 3’120 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff. A location-dependent security and/or isolation adjustment is then applied as a recognition that some staff are required to work in difficult places where living and working conditions are much more difficult than elsewhere.
- Accommodation and food provided in the guesthouse. Depending on the country situation, a contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of country-specific benchmark can be considered instead.
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance.
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered (in-country travel costs and professional expenses are fully covered).
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: between 20 and 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract (+ luggage and personal property insurance)
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment. Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’ HQ in Geneva + one week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- IMPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fees.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via email@example.com