We are currently looking for a Data Officer to support our team in Ethiopia from Kampala, Uganda.
The Data Officer is responsible for the production of IMPACT’s analysis products on Ethiopia, including the preparation of research design, support in designing sampling methods, data analysis plans, data collection tools, data cleaning scripts and processes, analysis scripts, analysis outputs and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems. The Data Officer, in close liaison with the assessment teams, engages with partners to promote their participation in data processing, analysis or relevant topics, to maximize the uptake and use of IMPACT/REACH research. When relevant, or managing a project, they also ensure an efficient and transparent use of resources required for project implementation.This can include the direct supervision of data and assessment teams during data collection, analysis or output production.
Compensation and Benefits
- For this position, salary between 2’160 CHF and 2’280 CHF monthly (before income tax), etc as well as a monthly living allowance of 300 USD
NB – IMPACT salaries are strictly determined by our salary grid depending on the grade of the position and the level of education of staff. A location-dependent security and/or isolation adjustment is then applied as a recognition that some staff are required to work in difficult places where living and working conditions are much more difficult than elsewhere.
- Accommodation and food provided in a guesthouse. Depending on the country situation, a contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of country-specific benchmark can be considered instead. NB – IMPACT is hosted by ACTED in this country
- Enrolment in Swiss private pension fund (Swisslife – approx. 9.975% of staff gross salary), health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance
- Accompanied status does not apply to this position
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered (in-country travel costs and professional expenses are fully covered)
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: between 20 and 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract (+ luggage and personal property insurance)
- Annual leave of 36 days per year. Public holidays of the country of assignment. Family/compassionate leave when applicable.
- Predeparture induction – 3 days at IMPACT Initiatives’s HQ in Geneva + one week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ in Paris, including a 4-days in situ security training;
- Enrolment in IMPACT Initiatives Research Foundational Learning Programme within the first 3 months from the start of contract.
- IMPACT prioritizes the psychological safety of its staff and the health insurance provided covers, among others, up to 1000 € per year of psychosocial counselling fees
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via email@example.com